This Pro Car Kit includes everything you need to dip your vehicle XXXX. From the gallons, sprayer, prep and masking materials – each item has been specially put together for you in one all-inclusive bundle. You simply choose the size of your vehicle (use the Size Guide above if you need some help) and we handle the rest. Doesn’t get easier than this!
✔ Includes all materials needed to dip your vehicle
✔ Easy to do with no previous experience required
✔ Step by step video guides available
✔ Staff of DYC experts available and ready to help!
- The DYC DipSprayer System is optional
- Spare Parts kit and Gallon Blender not included in kit if "No" is selected for the sprayer.
- If you wish to upgrade to the Advanced DYC Sprayer, please choose “No” in the sprayer selection, and add the Advanced Sprayer as a separate item.
DYC Car Kits are the world's most popular, proven safe Peelable Auto Paint system. They allow you to change the color of your car, protect the factory finish, and peel off the dip to go back to the original color without any previous painting experience. The colors have been designed to be user friendly and easy to spray. Use DYC's Car Kits to control the look of your vehicle and change the color yourself!
Plasti Dip protects your vehicle from acids, abrasion, corrosion, impact, salts, moisture and weathering. It remains flexible, stretchy and will not crack, or become brittle in extreme temperatures when applied correctly.
Choosing your sprayer:
Plasti Dip gallons are designed to be sprayed through turbine systems such as the DYC DipSprayer or Advanced DipSprayer they are traditionally too thick to be sprayed through an HVLP. HVLP may produce dry spray and can ruin the finish.
Test all applications in a small inconspicuous area to make sure it will meet your expectations and is suitable for each unique surface. Although Plasti Dip has proven to be safe and predictable, every surface is unique and it's impossible to predict how each surface will react.
** This car kit is not available for purchase in CA. Please refer to our terms and conditions page for more details. Please click here for a California compliant car kit.
California residents see Prop 65 WARNINGS
Small Size: 3 Dip Armor Mid Coat gallons, 2 DYC Glossy Topcoat gallons
Medium Size: 4 Dip Armor Mid Coat gallons, 2 DYC Glossy Topcoat gallons
Large Size: 5 Dip Armor Mid Coat gallons, 3 DYC Glossy Topcoat gallons
Extra Large Size: 6 Dip Armor Mid Coat gallons, 4 DYC Glossy Topcoat gallons
All Kits Include Standard Accessory Pack: PreDip Spray, Blue Painters Tape, Tape & Drape, PreWash, Microfiber Towel, Dip Washer Mitt, Cone Filters, 3/4 in. 3M Automotive Masking Tape
Upgrade to Plus Accessory Pack to also include: Canvas Wheel Covers, 32oz DipWash Concentrate and Dip Coat Protective SprayIMPORTANT
This style Kit is slightly different than our standard DYC Color Kits. You are essentially applying a clear coating over the entire vehicle using a specialty gallon. Please review the bullets below as they are essential to this style project.
- Applying Dip Armor Midcoat is different than standard PDS. It is slightly thinner - so adjust your spray fan and speed accordingly to avoid runs. Start with 2-3 light tack coats, then move to fully overlapping wet coats. Use all of the gallons that come in your Kit.
- This Kit does not include Pearls. You need to select and add the Pearls to your Cart separately. We have found that Interference (White Powder) Pearls work the best over OEM colors, between 12.5-25 grams per gallon. The Pearls will be added to your DipPearl TopCoat gallons which are included in the kit.
- Be careful and pay attention as you spray, as spraying clear can be a bit disorienting. You can't see your passes as easily as you would when spraying color, so take your time and pay attention.
- Dip Coat Protective Spray is suggested after every wash to help keep the film smooth, slick and protected.
- Clear films may have a harder time resisting UV damage, so this Kit has a shorter recommended life span than normal Dip Colors. Even though the Kit has passed our 12 month exposure testing, we recommend removing the film around a year after application until we complete our multi-year tests.